Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Retro Days Retro Food



Does anyone of you out there still remember these snacks back in the olden days? Ok, I shall term them "Retro Food", hehe, reminiscing our past. Well that doesnt mean I acknowledge being old alright? I'm still young at heart...teeheehee. (I Know I Know, although we had to end up hanging around at the Retro section in MOS...)

Anyway, I brought all these snacks to let my kids try. With the exception of Tessa, who dutifully finished the whole piece of that "snow (rice) cake" and the Haw Flakes (San cha), Theo and Tessa DOES NOT like anything else. What a disappointment. Means that I have to finish them all myself now. *sigh sigh sigh*. Means extra calories for me now. *sigh sigh sigh* MEANS PUTTING MORE WEIGHT!!!!!

By the way, in case you havent already know, the food are from clockwise Haw Flakes, Disc Wafers, Snow (Rice) Cakes, Green Bean Cakes and Coconut Biscuits. yum yum.

2 Comments:

At Thu Jun 15, 08:30:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daddy says, Haw Flakes rule! That and sour candied plums. Apparently he used to buy them from Ah Meng's corner shop in St Micheals!

 
At Sat Jun 17, 12:16:00 PM 2006, Blogger Elaine Choi said...

hello ex-SMR neighbour in Singapore and current neighbour in Melbourne, yeap, that ah-meng shop is called Lee Soon Guan. he used to sell those disc wafers and the coconut biscuits too. i wanted to buy the sour candies plums too but decided not to coz my luggage was really overweight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home