Friday, June 02, 2006

Birthdays, Singapore and Food

arrived into Singapore at half past 10 last night. my hand luggage nearly cost me my arms!!! proceeded to DutyFee and bought DOM, Wincarnis and Tiger classic. Then collected my luggage and taadaah...Jaslyn was waiting for me at the arrival hall with a red eye - she claimed that was so tired she fell asleep before she came to the airport, *sigh*, I thot she she was so touched to see me again. *grin* haha...

gave mum a surprise by calling her at her doorstep and telling her to open the door. She found Jaslyn who then went on to present me as the "Fat Dumpling". teeheehee. Taadaa......a very astonished look on her face. secret operation part 1- mission accomplished.

Woke up today and as usual planned my secret operation part 2 by calling up relatives to confirm their attendance for the lunch appointment the restaurant.

then I went separate ways (with dad and mum) claiming that I had to get some change of currencies. I had actually gone to pick up mum's eldest brother and aunty in a cab to bring them to the restaurant.

*how i wish i had brought my laptop along now. I hate this keyboard on my brother's computer.*

ayway to cut a long stoy short:
- secret operations part 3 - surprise surprise when mum saw her other siblings and their respective spouses, aunt and cousin as well as niece and grand-nieces
-lunch was vegetarian at Lingzhi Liat Towers
- saw Corinne's twin girl for the 1st time
- after lunch was back home as the relatives wanted to visit the place

it was a good time to catch up the missing pieces in our lives since most of us have not met for ages and it was a definitely good time for me to know more about my grand-aunt and her family side of things
then came dinner time, which we were still full but headed to Soup Restaurant for a simple dinner. bought a cake from Sweet Secrets, came home to take some photos and that was it.

by the way, it's my birthday in the Chinese calendar which well coincides with mum's birthday this year. Double joy, double celebration, double happiness. that's it.

3 Comments:

At Sun Jun 04, 09:19:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear you went well darling. Tough when u r not around. Theo & Tessa played up the 1st morning to school. Theo’s sport shirt was found in the washing machine which I had them washed the night before. So, it was wet. Theo refused to leave house without the shirt on. Meanwhile, Tong and Nigel were outside. Later I found out Tong thought I was supposed to send them to school in the morning.

Friday care group was good with dinner at Jonathan’s place. We left late as usual. We had a good session. Gaste was sick.

Yesterday was ok at Edward’s place. This morning was ok. I did not bath Theo for the last 2 night. Theo helped to wash dishes after breakfast. He was a good boy. I started my first cooking tonight – one dish and congee only. Theo thought it is ok. We had it at 6pm and finished at 7pm. We tried to call your parents and get your mobile so you can say good night to them. They were disappointed not to speak to you.

We had to try to get up at 6.30am so I can send both to school. Dear, that is a lot of sacrifices behind this trip so make the full use of it for you do not know what would happen to any one of us tomorrow. Hope you will bring Christ and salvation to your parents. We all want to see them in heaven. Remind them the love of God is with them.

Patrol is still expensive here in Melbourne – 139.9 per litre. Not sure in Singapore. Here everyone is tightening their belt.

Tessa was good in prayer. She just reminds me to pray for her dry skin. Watch out for Theo. I received a few comments saying he doesn’t response to people. So, I told him is wrong. I also find out he started to resent against us when we told him no to what he wants. He would normally behavior badly on purpose. This morning I asked him not to play the toy car he got from David’s BP in the church service. He then purposely did not seat properly. I told him a few times and observed that he had resentment on his face. So, pray for him to obey whole heartedly and learn to respect authorities.

Enjoy your trip to Singapore and treasure every moment with your parents.

 
At Sat Jun 10, 04:54:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on you Vincent! Not easy to look after the kids full-time, eh? Am happy for Elaine to have you supporting her all this while.; )

 
At Sat Jun 10, 11:21:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my wife, my wife, i only have to sacrifice and die to myself in this family............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home