Tuesday, May 30, 2006

TGIFridays Dinner

And so, we popped by TGI Fridays for dinner, the fact that come June 1st 2006, last year's Entertainment Book Vouchers will no longer be usable. So, why not, make full use of this voucher when you buy 1 main meal and the 2nd one is for free (frugal hubba's idea). but another fact is, we have lots of the other vouchers unused, untouched. Tomorrow and the day after, I had better use the McDonalds, Brumbys, New Zealand Natural, Boost Juice, Pretzels World, Dominos, Pizza Hut and the likes vouchers too. Stop kidding myself. There is NO way I can finish using them. So, forget it except maybe the Boost Juice and Brumbys ones.

Back to the dinner, we ordered a Jack Daniels Baby Ribs (my fav) and Texan Steak. That was enough to feed us four. Then we had the Fudge Brownies for dessert. Full. Brimming. Chockablock. Enough. (This is a fact, this pair of jeans bought in 1997 and serving me well after 2 kids is evident enough for it is bursting at the seams. I swear.)

Anyway, while at the restaurant, I overheard this big burly American guy saying to his friend "Well, sex is not sex when you try to have a baby. Believe me, this is my experience". Haha...

When I came back from the restroom, the always-so-friendly hubba has already befriended the American and his German friend. And in his true American manner, John, formerly from LA California, kept emphasising that he makes lots of money in his business. Didnt know that Americans are that mercenary as well. Have always thought only the Chinese are like that. Anyway, he extended his invitation to us to pop over his place for a BBQ at his place one day. We'll see.

The staff at the restaurant was cool enough to hand me a sparkler and sang me a bday song of which I have not the faintest idea what they were blabbering about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home