Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Kiasu and Kiasee

So, as I wrote, the 2005/2006 Entertainment Book Vouchers will cease to be usable come 1 June 2006. Me, being the kiasu Singaporean, began the day by using it first of all, at Boost Juice bars. The first voucher being "buy a wheatgrass drink and get the 2nd one free". Florrie and I had one each. boy, she found the taste too grotesque for her. as for me, it was good stuff, so I dont mind, and it was not my first time drinking it. Uh, I hit the jackpot because today being Wednesday, I paid only $1 for 2 shots. extremely good deal this one.

then we used the Nando's voucher to buy a quarter chicken and the 2nd one free. which adds up to $4.30 for half a chicken. haha..

and then we went back to Boost Juice and decided to use up the one last voucher. and it was a Skinny Juice for us both split at $2.50 each.

as for dinner, I then decided to use the Domino's Pizza's one where you order 1 large pizza and get the 2nd one for free. called them up and ordered a garlic and olives pizza and the double cheese and bacon pizza. for $12.95 delivered. Theo got a bit impatient whilst waiting for the pizza to be delivered until I received a phone call from the delivery guy who was lost outside number 34 on my street. I dont understand why he did not have the initiative to just drive towards decelerating numbers. And I found him waiting in the delivery car awaiting for my signal to come forward. kiasee.

Back to the phonecall from the pizza delivery guy - his accent gave him away. So, when I met him, I took the opportunity to ask him where he comes from. True enough, he, is from, yah, where else, my fellow country. My fellow countryman had just graduated from Monash with a Media and Communications degree and is awaiting for his PR.

and so, the day started with a kiasu Singaporean meeting a kiasee Singaporean :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home