Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Growing Old in Perspective

I wonder, when I am old, what will I be like?

I am now in the car, waiting for the hubba to get back so that we can attend Theo's performance interview and Tessa is asleep.

My eyes glanced over to my neighbour's, and here they are, a pair of elderly folks, Bill and Jean, and their dog in their midst, busy pruning their garden, on the move, with their thick garden gloves, warm clothing and all, running about their front garden, plucking out the weeds, trimming the branches, sweeping the fallen leaves, watering their thirsty plants and doing it all with tender loving care. Jean is slightly bigger built than her hubby Bill, and has a tendency to hover over a "he's my man and I look after him well, dont you ever lay a finger on him" kind of bodily language, very protective over her man. Very loving. Growing old together so gracefully. They travel extensively whenever they can, after all, it's time they reap their rewards. Nice couple, nice folks, nice neighbour to have.

Meantime now, I see another elderly couple, who has some animosity towards us because of the sub-division issue, and totally feigning ignorance to me and refusing to even greet and say hi. This folks normally travel to their holiday house in Rosebud and they are generally not at home. Wonder why they are here now? The wifey is particularly nosey and we had been warned of by our previous house owners, the Smiths shortly after we moved in. Anyway, we will see them, together with 2 other neighbours, at the VCAT hearing next month.

What will be like when I grow old? Much to the tune and lyrics of Que Sera Sera, only this time, I am in the shoes of a much older person, but I guess the same words still apply "What will be will be. Que Sera Sera."

2 Comments:

At Wed Jun 14, 11:08:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Que Sara Sara, whatever will be, will be,the future is not for us to see, whatever will be...will be..." correct? Let me tell you, we will all grow old but always young at heart.

 
At Mon Jun 19, 11:18:00 PM 2006, Blogger Elaine Choi said...

how true how true. thanks for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home