Thursday, June 29, 2006

What I Don't Understand About Men

There are many things I DO NOT and WILL NOt understand about Men.

See, what happened one day, was, I ran out of garlic. and I use lots and lots of garlic in my cooking.

So, hubba was out and coz we needed some other stuff like milk and eggs, we then told him to buy them from Safeway. and he did.

when he came back, there was no sign of any garlic, I then asked, where is the garlic. He told me :"Oh, they dont sell garlic. they sell ONLY purple garlic" Gosh, I nearly fainted. I give up. Isnt purple garlic a GARLIC too ?

Just like you have purple cabbage, white cabbage, Chinese cabbage. Just different varieties, that's all. I mean, of course, you wouldnt want to use the purple cabbage for stir-fries. coz it simply does not look too appetising once cooked. well, maybe his logic was as such? Purple garlic tints your dishes a vicious purple???

So, there are fuji apples, sundowner apples, jonathan gold, granny smith apples, golden delicious apples - are they apples too ? the answer maybe " no, just coz granny smith is green and they are SOUR". gee.......so much on men.

UPDATE :

I did go out and buy the Purple Garlic from Safeway. They are from Mexico as opposed to those we normally buy, which is usually from China. And it did say on the signboard "Mexican variety. great from frying". see, men dont read signs. or do they? AND, I came back home, chopped it up and used it in my stir-fries, and NO, they dont turn your dishes purple. The garlic inside is still white. just like the white varieties we normally buy. however, it is a lot more pungent. that's it.

2 Comments:

At Sun Jul 02, 11:48:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey woman, it is only garlic. Not pain-killers which you would need very badly to ease yr pain. U r not doing any gd to your health. Relax.

 
At Mon Jul 03, 10:37:00 PM 2006, Blogger Elaine Choi said...

alamak Jaslyn - this post was written in drywit humour. it was meant to be be fun reading it not serious at all. aiyah, u took it too seriously, not me lah. relax relax okay friend? hehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home