Monday, June 26, 2006

Inaugural Singapore Fellowship

this is the first time I can still feel my adrenalin pumping at this hour just because I think we had one of the best day of fellowship together with our dear friends.

why is that so? well while still in church, I received a call from Happy, my dear neighbour, who asked me if I would like to join her for shopping tomorrow. Which then led to me telling her that we were heading to Ikea for our usual fellowship with the Ngus, Yuans, Tays as well as Leslie & family and for the first time too, Adrian. And Happy told me they too were heading for the same place. Well, we did meet for a short while at the restaurant, however, they declined to join us for a simple dinner at my place later in the evening.

While in church, Crystal taught us how to bake Tuna Baked Rice and it sounded simple and we decided to give it a try. Went to Coles to get the stuff.

Meantime, hubba invited the Chaus over to join us.

Went home and started preparing the meal and then we decided to give the Lims, our fellow Singaporean neighbour, a call asking them to come over to join us for a chit chat session.

This was where it started whereby one thing led to another. more jokes, more laughter, more stories, more exchanges - the whole atmosphere was just so cordial and good. full of God's love. great fellowship.

It became an inaugural Singapore Village party. why?

- With the exception of the Yuans who were originally from Malaysia and have lived here for most part of their lives, the Ngus did spent 3 years working in Singapore
and was Singapore PR (BTW, JNgu was so coincidentally an ex-colleague to my ex-coursemate Keren. what a small world and we found this out by chance back in 2000 )

- The Tays who came in April this year is part Singaporean (the wifey) and part Malaysian (the hubby)

- The Chaus (part HK part Msian) but Singapore PRs and lived there for 10 years and who just arrived last Nov and this Mar respectively and whom we used to meet up even while we were in Singapore

- The Lims - the true blue Singaporean and our neighbour down and then up the slope

- Us the Chois (part Spore part HK) but wifey patriotically still a citizen whilst hubba was Spore PR many year back

- Adrian, uh-huh, my fella countryman starting on his next perm job real soon and who revealed that he has an apartment in the city. so, you girls out there who are still single and available, here is one good catch. *wink*

- *sigh* if only Ivan and Happy was here too. well well Ivan, you too were born in Singapore didnt you. Yeah, and we even lived down the same street yonks ago.

Now we are thinking maybe we should just get a 5 acre piece of land and create this Singapore Village coz Doris is in real estate and hubba is the architect. gee....good idea?

okay, I have a new joke to share. courtesy of Sharon and little jiexuan:

Little JX was playing up and was getting on Sharon's nerves in the car. and so Sharon told him to look into her eyes while she reprimanded him. Then JieXuan started to look left and look right and then said "it's dark. cannot see."....hey JieXuan is only 2 and half years mind you. gosh

2 Comments:

At Tue Jun 27, 07:22:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like uncle Lim's humour! He is cool! I asked him whether he had dinner and he asked me "what time is it now?". I was so naive and told him it's 8:30pm! Few seconds later, I realised what he meant!! You got it?? JN

 
At Tue Jul 04, 07:15:00 PM 2006, Blogger Elaine Choi said...

haha...yeah i got it though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home