Monday, June 26, 2006

after party post and thoughts

i had to wake up though what it seems like a forever dreamland this morning - to a NOT TOO snap-you-cold-to-death weather. strange and bizarre. maybe i am used to this friggin cold weather now? I kinda miss my t-shorts and shorts days back in Singapore. But still, back there, I used to moan and groan about the heat and the humidity. gah....that's me I guess. forever whinging. forever whining. teeheehee

anyway, i dragged myself out of bed to see a total absolute mess and dirt as a result of last night's party and fun. You see, sometimes, it is not too fun at all when you have to all the cleaning up yourself. the floor was littered with wool sheds, food crumbles, and even grapvines! the door entrance was muttered with specks of dirt and mud from outside. the kitchen - food crumbs and stuff. The bathroom - fallen hair.

Plus unwashed dishes and wine glasses in the kitchen sink after that bottle of red vino. seems the norm to just open a bottle each time guests are here. too bad i have not and dont think i will ever develop that taste for something that is so much valued and cherished by others - wine, beer, coffee and all. water, juices and/or even herbal tea is fine with me. thank you.

and Tessa was groaning about her tummy ache. i dutifully applied that yu-yee oil on her belly button and was instructed to rub and warm my hands with the oil. but right after that she retched - her milk and vitamins and all. yikes.

and we had to rush to over to Pastor's for another sesh of counselling. was good. it lifted my spirits a little which is actually a good thing.

lunch - was at Pacific House BBQ & Seafood down in trendy South Yarra and was where I met Irene, a former colleague at JeansWest. funny enough though, I did not get to meet my former bosses though I did walked past their table. my lunch was just so-so.

as washing my dishes and glasses, i started to think of my friend HuiJee, in Perth, who told us that her mum-in-law does everything for them - brekkie ready in the morning, lunch boxes prepared, cooked dinner and even laundry washed and ironed. how blessed. well, she's been very blessed in her whole life in my opinion. she has everything. But I know God is fair. is very fair in fact.

sometimes i think that there are more important things in life to do than just housework, like blogging.:)))teeheehee. if i were to get a rebuke from writing this, i should really start to learn to keep my own counsel at the very least. boohoohoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home