Tuesday, April 25, 2006

fight for peace

what do you do after being woken up at 4.53am in the freezin' morning cold coz the son has weeeed in his pants ? pick a fight (sans weapons and all). sounds satirical? but yes that's what I did, with that hubbadaddydoo. after some firing and bombing, he then tried to soothe me down with some gentle words (which is really NOT him at all) and played Stacey Kent's CD which was in the player to cool "fire" down. by which then the sun was up and high in the sky already casting its rays and light into the bedroom for which is tellin' me it's gonna be a sunny day. there u go, i have lost another few hours of precious sleep. and before you know it, the daughter knocks on the door and was her turn to do the wee. God, I dont even get to sleep in on a public holiday. then it's the son turn to wake up and wants his milk which means i have to get my arse off the bed. ready steady go - brush teeth and all that morning ritual of heating up the milk with Milo and made brekkie (ham and baked beans on muffins, grilled). nah, the son decides he likes bread better with either butter and honey or peanut butter or nutella. "Mummy, when are you going to buy peanut butter?". This week son, it's on special at Coles. "Ok" and he plodded OUT of the house with hubba and the daughter.

now they are out, I have some peace. I thank God for that. I teasure this quiet moment whilst listening to my Eternity CD - a great compilation of classics. I'm lovin' it.

aphorism of the day "Children should be seen NOT heard". haha....agree...disagree...food for thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home