Friday, July 28, 2006

The Lemon Trees. And Kiwi Fruits Too



my lemon tree is very unproductive this year - not much lemons from it. we had to get our supply of lemons, not from the markets, but from our friends who have them in their backyards and there are quite a few of them who does.

I would say, the best lemons are the ones from my neighbour's - Nigel's family's. they look yellow on the outside but it's actually greenish on the inside. and very sweet too (as you would already know, lemons are sour but this sourness is laced with a sweet aftertaste). very good - i made my honey lemon drink with it and it's never tasted so yum before. oh, plus the honey is an organic produce from Kangaroo Island.

(see the difference between the "normal" ones (left) as compared to theirs (on the right)- it's green inside)

The Lin's also had kiwi fruits in their backyard which are equally sweet too. althought the fruits itself looks too furry for my liking but hey, it's organic, who cares. and it's free. i get my supply of vitamin c - and a good anti-oxidant boost too. anyway, my kids love kiws fruits too. but they like the NZ Zespri's Gold variety ones better. actually me too. so sweet.

(the Lin's fruits - small, furry but organic as compared to Zespri's Gold kiwifruit)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home