Tuesday, August 22, 2006

food talk

yesterday's lunch was bread at Brumby's - 2 Turkish bread, a vegie scroll and a chicken and vegetable pie. and i popped over a Greek deli and bought a bottle of extra virgin cold pressed olive oil to dip the breads in. 3 of us enjoyed it alfresco style as it was a perfect weather day. (not now, as I am writing this, rains have started to pour and the skies turned a dark grey and the gloominess has set back in again - I thought Spring has arrived???).

anyway, since lunch was so pathetic, I decided to make it all up for dinner by cooking a storm then to have the hubba complaining that I spent too much time in the kitchen when there were other things to do. (Men!!!)

but, when I saw Theo and Tessa enjoying the food immensely, it all but put me back at ease. Both Theo and Tessa had 2 pork ribs each and boy, did they, chewed it all down to the bare bones.

i took some pictures of the dishes - deep fried lemon grass spareribs (香茅金沙排骨)with a onion and lemon grass sauce and a dish of fish paste mixed with japanese tofu topped with green soy beans and wooden fungus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home