Saturday, August 19, 2006

cereals and brekkie

recently, i discovered the world's best breakfast cereal - it's called Granola Clusters and it's available in 2 different flavours - vanilla and almond as well as maple and raisin. because i could not decide which i like better, i bought both. what the heck. just coz it was on special at Safeway.

I was and have never been a great fan of breakfast cereals my whole life. Back in Singapore, I have a whole choice of chee cheong fan, tou-huay (beancurd dessert), char bee hoon (fried rice vermicelli), fried chinese critters, mee rebus and char tow kuay (fried radish cakes) or when not given a choice, just bread, (not the normal plain ones - must be exotic ones or different flavoured ones like milk bread, pandan flavoured bread, corn bread or even better, the ones from the Australian part of Singapore - the bakery in Tanglin Mall) are my preferred mode anytime.

however, since, we live in Melbourne, and the classic ang-moh breakfast here would be bacon, sausages, eggs, grilled tomatoes and toast . and at times, throw in baked beans. but who has the time to make these brekkie everyday anyway? so, bread with vegemite is good enough for me. (Tessa loves vegemite too!!!)


today, i decided that i want to TRY breakfast cereals with milk (okay, for me soy milk as I dont drink cow's milk). Excitedly as I was, I warmed the milk in the microwave. and then scooped 4 spoonfuls of the 2 different falvoured cereals into the milk. IT WAS A MISTAKE. a huge one!

all the crunchiness of the granola clusters were gone. it was soggy and yucky. i wonder why people even enjoy eating them all soaked up? yucks.

no more cereals with milk for me anymore. i would rather have a bowl of the cereal and a separate glass of milk (soy milk). and yes, eat them separately. but still given a choice. no more cereals at breakfast for me. that granola clusters would just be my snack. a healthy one at least!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home