Tuesday, August 15, 2006

bits and pieces. here and there.

despite feeling a bit queasy, i went to church on sunday together with Pauline and Steven, who was due to leave that very same day back to Singapore.

i even introduced Ivan to them coz both Ivan and Steven went to ACS, who at their era, was school on a hilltop - Fort Canning Hill. very atas.

then it was off to Ikea again after church. this time, besides the usual 5 families, we had the Oens in the midst.

dinner was at HaLong in Richmond. we were jokingly saying that, this time, no LongHa (Lobster in Cantonese dialect) unlike the night before. Which brings to remind me that there was a dish I had totally forgotten to mention in my previous post - and that was the juicy ginger and spring onion crab on a bed of egg noodles. how could I ? so sinful.

at the restaurant, Theo threw up twice. Thank God for kind waiters and waitresses. and he retched again upon reaching home. the bugs must be flying!!! they are everywhere. go get lost bugs. anyway, he turned out alright the next day for school.

well, i am proud to annouce we are in a clean bill of health with the exception of my hayfever. spring is early this year coz i think winter arrived equally early too.

on a side note - was over at Happy's place yesterday for leftover Korean food. This was the 2nd time I had her leftover food Korean style - hmm, leftovers has never tasted so yum. and right after lunch, we decided to make some Korean side dishes - the sweet potatoes in syrup and the pumpkin cake. we did not succeed in making the first one but the second one was yum. i even warmed it up today and served it with extra creamy vanilla ice cream. heaven!

2 Comments:

At Wed Aug 16, 12:53:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, I droole over the computer Elaine, because of all these descriptions of food that you have eaten...except that I am sorry to hear about the stomachache. One of my Singaporean friend Jeremy would have these very passionately dreamy eyes whenever he was talking about food back in Singapore.Let me go to Singapore sometime and check the food...anyway, your blog is full of real life stories, detailed and interesting. I'll be a regular visitor. Jamiejeonellis

 
At Thu Aug 17, 09:54:00 PM 2006, Blogger Elaine Choi said...

Hi Gumock. I have linked your blog to mine so that I can pop over to yours whenever I want to. Jamie is such a beautiful little girl. we should arrange to meet up again. it's been 8 months since we last saw you (sitting together at Siew Lian's wedding).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home