Sunday, May 07, 2006

GE2006

had initially wanted to visit slumber wonderland after a long long day at church and miscellaneous activity (the weekly IKEA fellowship). however, I decided against it and decided to blog something. anything really that could roll off my mind at this state of lethargy. i am simply addicted to this blogging thingy.

so, the election was over. as we all know predictably PAP would surely win. and they sure won BIG time this time round. Good to know that Chiam See Tong and Low Thia Khiang being elected back into parliament. You know, sometimes it is good to have opposing voices. I still remember this oft joke about the anonyms to the different parties names: PAP means Pay and Pay, so Workers Party was set up to ask "Why Pay", and Singapore Democratic Party said "So Don't Pay". why I am so into the election I dont know coz I didnt even vote - I could if I want to, but at the expense of flying/driving all the way to Canberra? No way!

mind you, there are still people who are willing to travel all the way to the polling stations in other overseas countries as reported in www.zaobao.com.sg. no wonder my brother claimed that he has been extremly busy coz he had to double as Polling Officer in Tokyo.

so much for politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home