Sunday, March 26, 2006

en block


it's funny how you get to see your ex-home of 27 years, my birthplace, (a place so dearly missed and being so far away from my it now), in The Straits Times Interactive news today. true enough, the en bloc wouldnt have gotten through if not for the 80% collective agreement law and the price would have fetched slightly over $1m for each of the 30 households if it was sold years ago and not last year at a much reduced price. well, not that my parents got the full amount though, they were "robbed" half of it by my paternal aunts. it's with mostly bitter than sweet memories for me I guess although at the same time, the place is dearly missed. Contradictory self?

1 Comments:

At Tue Mar 28, 12:01:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The link to Straits Time newspaper has expired..!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home