Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Shopping !!!

As i said, I will talk about the recent shopping trips made, only 2, to be precise, excluding of course, trips to the supermarkets, Asian grocery shops and market. Both trips were at Chadstone, yes, the fashion capital of Melbourne !

On my first trip to Chadstone, I only had enough time to spend at Borders Bookstore only. I managed to pick a few titles at 20% having to produce my "expired" student ID on a course I did with Holmesglen for 1 semester last year, but then again, even my 3 year old daughter would be entitled to the discount as it was for "all students regardless of age". Ha. The rest of the other time was spent having lunch at Gloria Jeans having lunch with Jo, my coursemate from the course, and indulging in the vegetarian fritatta, lemon tart and a smoothie. And because my daughter refused to eat her tart nor the fritatta, I had to buy her sushi - her all-time favourite.

On the 2nd trip though, I would say, it was not meant to be a shopping trip per se, however, being in Chadstone, as you know, it was such a waste not to shop in the shops at all. I can tell you, it was worth every effort we made, although with our kids in tow, I managed to buy 2 jackets (1 brown and 1 black), in time for late autumn/winter for $15 after a further markdown of 25% from $10 per jacket which was originally priced at $49.99. Then I got a tank-top for $2.50, some kids winter pyjamams and dressing robes where you buy the 1st one and get the 2nd piece at 50% discount all from Kmart. By the end of the trip, I had accumulated a Andrea Bocelli latest CD from JB Hi-Fi, 2 books from Borders, Mrs Fields Cookies, 2 bottles of QV Body Wash, Klorane dry hair wash, ModelCo Wonderfull lip plumper and SkinDrink AirBrush moisturiser and get a free CoolFeet AirBrush CatWalk Heels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home