Saturday, October 07, 2006

Mid Autumns Festival

It is Mid Autumn Festival, rather commonly known as the Mooncake Festival, today.

As Theo had to return to Melbourne to start his new school term, Tessa and him had the opportunity to light up their lanterns, in the formof a car (for Theo) and a butterfly (for Terssa), courtesy of my cousin May, on Wednesday, just before hubba and him boarded their flight out of Singapore at 2340 hours.

But as for today, we took to the streets when my dear brother Jem, suggested that we eat out at Chinatown and then walk around the vicinity to soak in the atmosphere of the festivity. I thought it was Chinese New Year - with the buzz, the crowds, the bazaar, the lights, lanterns and all that.

However, I wish hubba and Theo was around and of course, dad to be amongst us. As the saying goes, when the moon is round, it is time for a reunion for family members.

Dad was transferred out of his usual bed to a single air-con ward, which is good because he had developed a slight fever again and the 8 beds ward is usually crowded with visitirs who might bring with them various virus which might pass on to him.

The nurses there have so far been extremely helpful and accomodative. I would not say so for the doctors. And that is the reason why they are there - a nicely termed Restructured Hospital - when in fact, it's a government hospital.

Okay, I'd better go help myself to a small piece of mooncake - Black Sesame Pandan and a snowskin lotus paste with olive seeds one, again courtesy of cousin May. She's been really sweet, visitng my dad whenever she could possibly could and praying for dad and inviting me over to her church for a special meeting with Ps Paul Roulet of Internal Church Las Vegas.

In God I Trust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home