Saturday, September 09, 2006

I survived!!!

...yeah...*signs of victory* - I survived that 1 week all by myself with 2 kids!!! I wasn't as stressed out as I thought it would be. All so because that extra big kid was not around to add to the stress.

Before we proceeded to the airport last night, kids and I popped over the Reid's residence for a cook-a-storm dinner session. Happy made a Korean spicy all-in-one yummy hotpot while I cooked my own version of Kueh Pie-tee (using deep fried won-ton skins shaped into a star shaped shallow bowl for the casing and stewed turnips with dried shrimps, chinese mushrooms, carrots and shrimps for the fillings), deep fried fish paste and pork seaweed with carrots and cucumbers rolls and blanched bok-choy with deep fried garlic, shallots and dried shrimps. And of course, they rounded up the good time with cookies and cream ice cream served with portions of golden syrup pudding. *Ok, I tell myself, that was going to be the last time, I gotta cut down on sugar badly but I simply couldn't resist trying that irresistible but sinful pudding*

Well, I dont know if I have been so influenced by Happy or Korean culture for that matter, I have been eating my foods and dipping them in Korean Hot Pepper Sauce for that extra oomph and as well, eating my Fried Shanghai Noodles accompanied with Kim-Chi (in the restaurant), munching on Kim-Chi as snacks, slurping Korean instant potato noodles with Kim-Chi, and making and eating kim-chi sushi. Next time, you'll probably find me using all Korean cosmetics, skin-care (of which some things I already do) and donning Korean fashion (yeah, already saw one copy of that Korean fashion magazine loaned by Happy and I found it so interesting - Korean haute couture). One thing though, is that, I have not yet catch up on the Korean drama craze. Well, at least not yet. And I'd better hope it will not although I saw myself glued to the Korean cable channel when at Florence's place. But one thing for sure, there's only 24 hours a day and I can only stretch this much and no more.

good night!

p.s I thought I have to mention this. Tessa being the sweet girl as she is, tried very very very hard to stay awake on the way to the airport last night , because as she said in her own words, "wants to see daddy come back to Melbourne". She did dozed off for a little while but fought back just to stay awake and even nagged me to drive faster. Girls are just so different. sweet as.

1 Comments:

At Sat Sep 09, 11:01:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

our kids are special.. always. and getting better

 

Post a Comment

<< Home